Personal Project: Holidailies
Holidailies is a web community project that I organized annually from 2000 to 2010. Participants agreed to update their blogs or other personal websites every day in December. They could post links to these entries to the Holidailies portal site.
Starting in 2004, I worked with a PHP programmer to develop new features for the Holidailies site. Participating sites appeared in the left sidebar in order by number of posts. Participants filled out a form to post links and summaries of entries to the main portal. A panel of reviewers accessed a form to use for reviewing every entry posted and awarding Best of Holidailies recognition to the best entries posted every day. The site also included a Holidailies At Home page for participants who could not post to the portal but still wanted to update their sites daily during the annual event.
I performed the following tasks for this website project:
- Created all web graphics.
- Wrote all static site content.
- Worked with PHP developer to structure site, and to create and edit online forms for participants.
- Promoted the Holidailies project on online forums and mailing lists.
- Monitored the site once the project began to make sure everything worked correctly and consistently.
- Helped participants who had difficulty with the forms or needed other assistance.