Personal Site: Sesamebeat.com
I developed sesamebeat.com in 2001. My goal was to create and maintain a database of reviews of currently airing Sesame Street episodes, listing guest stars and other highlights that would be interesting to grownups. In 2002, I added a blog to the front page to promote site updates and to share news about the show.
In late 2003, I abandoned the project because of time issues, and let the domain lapse in 2007. The site contained over 150 recaps of episodes of Sesame Street, including Elmo's World, as well as several movie and made-for-video reviews.
I performed the following tasks for this website project:
- Developed structure of website.
- Created HTML templates for individual recap pages.
- Created all web graphics. I had to ensure that graphics would be visually interesting without violating copyright laws for the TV show.
- Wrote all site content.
- Saw entirely too much Elmo, whom I dubbed the Little Red Menace, and not nearly enough Cookie Monster.
- Installed Movable Type for the front-page blog. Created Movable Type templates for blog pages.
- Set up Amazon Associates account to use with video reviews.
Samples from this website are available upon request.